The second hemp bill in as many years has been introduced into the Colorado State Legislature. SB13-241 “CONCERNING THE CREATION OF A PROGRAM IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE TO REGULATE INDUSTRIAL HEMP PRODUCTION.” sponsored by State Senators Schwartz and Crowder with Co-Primes Nicholson, Ulibarri and House Representatives Coram and Fischer.
This is historic in the State of Colorado. The bill incorporates last years bill HB 12-1099 into a complete regulatory system for the production of industrial hemp. Hemp Cleans needs your support to make this happen, please donate here to help us cover the costs of making this happen.
Recent expenses include
• A trip to the Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance to speak about phytoremediation and to gain understanding about how the industry works in real life.
• A trip to Washington, D.C. to meet with our representatives and the National Farmers
• A trip to San Francisco, California to speak at the Hemp Industries Association.
• Printing of business cards, brochures, and banners for events that are taking place
around the state.
• economy motel rooms, and the gas to get there, in places like Walsh, Gunnison, Hotchkiss, Montrose, and Cortez where we dialogue with farmers at the request of their legislative representatives.
• Event Insurance for gatherings at the Capitol, for example.
• Paying our lobbyist who has been instrumental in creating our regulatory bill and moving it through the legislature.
• Operation of the phytoremediation study.
You must be logged in to post a comment.